Virgin Holidays #seizetheholidays
ITN Productions and HLA joined forces to co-produce the world’s first live streamed global ad from 18 locations around the world for Virgin Holidays. The 60 second advert aired during ITV’s X Factor on Saturday night, and required 19 simultaneous shots.
Directed by HLA’s Simon Ratigan more than 90 crew were deployed worldwide to make the ad possible. Using ITN’s unique infrastructure and connectivity the advert was cut live by a gallery director and vision mixer exactly as if it was live TV. The ad was then played straight down the line to ITV from the gallery. Planning for the advert took 3 months, 10 different country recces, and finding a cast of over 30. All under the creative agency behind the #SeizeTheHoliday campaign, AMV BBDO.
The live commercial was designed to show a UK audience that people just like them are experiencing their ideal holidays, at this very moment. Production teams filmed 18 different scenes LIVE from eight key Virgin Holidays destinations:
- Hawaii: Catching a morning surf, horse-riding and fly boarding
- San Francisco: Cruising the Pacific Coast Highway on a motorbike, and taking a rocket boat ride under the Golden Gate Bridge
- Orlando: Disney’s Magic Kingdom, and exploring Florida in a Convertible
- Barbados: Relaxing on a pristine beach, and snorkeling through a coral reef
- Dubai: Dining in Atlantis’ iconic restaurant, cruising past the city sites on a riverboat, or relaxing at the tranquil Al Maha
- New York City: Soaring over the city in a helicopter and watching street performers
- Johannesburg: Enjoying a tribal dance performance
- Bangkok: Visiting temples, and exploring Bangkok nightlife in a Tuk Tuk
Credits: Production Company: ITN Productions Head of Commercials: Adam Barnett Exec Producer: Jemma Cassey Production Manager’s: Nancy Eite-Cooper, Emma Copeland Head of Field Operations: Steve Gore-Smith Technical Director: Alex Bassett Head of Post Production: Olly Strous
Agency: AMV BBDO Board Account Director: Alex Bird Creative Director: Ant Nelson Creative Director: Mike Sutherland Production Partner: Anita Sasdy Production Assistant: Frankie Burwell-Wright
Production Company: HLA Director: Simon Ratigan Producer: Mike Wells Production Manager: Dan Carter