Our September Club evening proved a lively start to the back-to-school season. Bringing together senior business leadership from over 200 brand owners, media owners, agency chiefs and influencers, we were challenged to consider the impact of culture and well-being on business transformation.
Tackling the hot issue with passion and verve, Mark Evans, Marketing Director, Direct Line, Camilla Harrison, CEO, Anomaly and Anna Williamson, TV Presenter and Counselor joined Suki Thompson our CEO on stage at London’s May Fair hotel.
Diving into the debate, our live audit revealed that 60 percent of the audience viewed manager/employee treatment as the number one influence on a positive culture. And to our delight we trended in London that evening!
Just a few of insights we brought home – which seem so simple, yet so often overlooked:
- People work for people not corporate entities
- Seek success and significance. There’s an abundance of energy every time they overlap.
- Rethink and relearn the established and traditional. Acquire a beginner’s mind.
- Don’t assume everyone is motivated by a linear, vertical career and the goals that go with it. Enable everyone to be their best.
- Allow everyone to bring their whole selves to work and embed a progressive diversity agenda
- Treat building culture as you would treat building a brand – with a truly integrated campaign
- Be kind to everyone you meet – we are all fighting battles
Thank you to everyone who joined us on Thursday. And especially our fabulous panellists.