Describe dentsu X in three words
Plucky, collaborative, resilient
What makes you unique?
- Our proportion of female leadership
- Our smorgasboard of interesting talent – we have ex-lawyers, ex-clients, authors, a professional gamer and an ultra-marathon runner to name but a few
Tell us something we don’t know about dentsu X?
- We safeguard the BBC globally in all its social dialogue with the public
- Our biggest client is one we can’t talk about
What work are you most proud of?
Playing a leading role in returning Jaguar Landrover to (9%!) growth in a declining market by outthinking, not outspending, the competition.
What’s been your biggest challenge?
What are you doing to transform the way you work with clients?
Telling the truth, even if it hurts.
If you could give clients one piece of advice what would it be?
In the short term, don’t go dark! There are ways and means to talk to your customers and improve your brand experience without spending money.
In the long term, build a direct relationship with your customers at all costs. Covid-19 has really shone a light on this. It helps to protect you against disruption and once you own the feedback loop, you can continuously improve the value exchange.
How are you future-proofing?
From our inception (four agencies purposefully united as one), we’ve had strong mobile, social and data-driven creative capabilities under one roof.
This means that we genuinely specialise in integrated, full funnel thinking.
To futureproof this, we’re pursuing ever-closer integration of creative, media, data and tech solutions so we can partner with two main types of clients: D2C businesses that are looking to scale, and established brands that need a stronger direct to consumer relationship.
Marketing predictions for the next year?
- The brands that adapted and found a way to stay relevant during covid-19 will enjoy significant growth in 2021
- Real world evidence will become an increasingly important parnter to performance data in decision making
- Direct to consumer businesses will be king
Best kept secret for Friday drinks?
We start drinking on Thursday…woops!
See more from dentsu X here on our platform.